SSS League round up 2012-2013
- Published on Sunday, 17 February 2013 17:55
This year the league saw its most competitive and exciting matches since it began in 2000. The league kicked off back in November, under the new format both Heriot Watt and Strathclyde simultaneously hosting legs on Saturday the 10th. The Edinburgh senior team got off to a good start with a team of Douglas Jardine 563, Benjamin Arenas 548, Will Thwaites 525, Ami Patrick 517, to give a team score of 2153, comfortably taking 1st by 55 points ahead of Aberdeen in second on 2098. However the novice team, Roy Hotrabhvanon 482, Steven Wright 448, Brittany Davidson 438 (1368) had a bit of a battle to keep up with Napier (team score 1377) who took the first league match by just 9 points!
- Published on Monday, 11 February 2013 11:51
For the first time in many years, this year saw Edinburgh field a strong barebow squad, with two newbies: Jennifer Mankin, a Psychology of Language Masters student from Washington State, America, and from Scotland Arran Dowler-Smith, studying for a HND in Horticulture from the Scottish Agricultural College.
Alex Gilliland began the season by breaking his own Scottish Record for the Combined FITA at Glasgow in November and taking the 25m FITA record off Glasgow archer Robert Campbell. Added to his FITA 18 record from last season, this gave Gilliland the full sweep of Indoor FITA records.
SAA U21 and Novice Championships
- Published on Thursday, 01 November 2012 13:33
This weekend saw for many the first indoor competition. With competition entries across Scotland at an all time high after the Olympics, many EUAC archers have struggled to get out and compete. However this weekend saw Edinburgh and many other Scottish Universities out in force at the Scottish Archery Association U21 and Novice Championships in Montrose.
Gold for Naomi in Amsterdam
- Published on Thursday, 22 November 2012 06:21
Edinburgh University Archery Club and Scottish Squad member, Naomi Jones, returns from the prestigious Face2Face 2012 archery tournament with a gold medal after beating favourite Ivana Buden in the Ladies Compound final this weekend.
- Published on Sunday, 09 September 2012 20:04
August was a busy month for EUAC archers, with the Scottish Outdoor Championships, British Target Champs and SFAA Field Championships.
The Scottish Outdoor Championships saw Edinburgh University once again accomplish that which they achieved in the 2011 Scottish Indoors, winning all the major individual categories as well as the team trophy.
- Skye Diary 2012
- BUCS Outdoors Champions 2012
- UK Masters
- Cumbria County Open 2012
- Ten Years at the Top
- Scottish Field Championships
- EASTERN AREA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Winning Weekend at Telford International Centre
- A long and successful weekend for Edinburgh Archers in the SSS League Match, Glasgow Open and Scottish U21’s
- Rankings Round-up
- The best way to start the season...
- Information for New and Potential Members
- Two weekends, two nationals, two wins
- Record Breaking BUCS for Edinburgh University Archery
- Ayr Double FITA
- SUS Outdoor Champs 2011
- Thirsk-y for success
- BUCS: From Cardiff with Love
- Scottish Indoor Championships 2011
- Strathclyde League Match, Oban Portsmouth and Whitburn Combined FITA